Friday, April 8, 2016

Let's Talk Skin Care




Whether or not gluten can topically or transdermally affect us is a topic that is debated frequently......and it's quite often a very heated debate.

Some strongly believe that gluten definitely can affect us topically or transdermally, while others insist that the gluten molecule is too large to be absorbed through the skin.

I'm not here to argue either side, but just to present some great skin care products that ARE, in fact, gluten free.

For Christmas I received a Clarisonic Mia 2.  It's been quite a journey for me trying to get good results from it & I'm planning to do a video about my journey sometime soon, just in case it might help someone out.  Other people's videos on YouTube about their Clarisonic experience have been so very helpful to me, so I want to do the same for others.

In my quest to get good results from my Clarisonic I've had to change my face wash.  And what was recommended to me from several people was Cetaphil.  I've always seen it but had never tried it.  Of course I love the fact that Costco sells it too!!  (Y'all know how much I LOVE Costco!!)

I am currently using the Gentle Skin Cleanser on my face.  You can also use it on your body, but I'm already content with my Dove sensitive skin bar soap that I use on my body.  It doesn't lather, but it does a really great job.

I also grabbed the facial moisturizer, but I don't recommend it for oily skin, which I tend to have.  I plan to continue using it on my décolletage area until this bottle is used up, but not on my face.  There is another Cetaphil moisturizer that is designed for oil control, but it's been out of stock everywhere I've gone so far.  But I am planning to use that one on my face as soon as I can get it.

I absolutely adore the Cetaphil moisturizing cream, in the tub!!!  This is the best lotion I have EVER used!  My husband, son, & I are all loving it!  My son's torso area is always so dry & scratchy no matter how much lotion we use on him.  And my legs are the same way.  But with this stuff the skin truly stays soft & moisturized ALL DAY LONG.  And I also got the regular Cetaphil lotion to try out.  It's very good, but not as strong as the moisturizing cream.  I think once the weather changes & we aren't so dry & itchy we'll be able to use the lotion more.

If there's interest in the Clarisonic let me know & I'll include blog posts about it as well as a video later on.  It is a really good product, but you definitely have to fine tune a few things to get the most out of it.  I don't think I could live without mine at this point!

Have a great week y'all!!  If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to share.  :)


2 comments:

  1. I use the store brand of Cetaphil & very happy with it. When I get really dry, I add a pump of a blend of essential oils I put together to a pump of lotion ~ works like a charm. Peace, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fabulous! I've actually been making my own face wash & adding essential oils in to customize it to what my skin is needing.

      Delete